Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Vacation

Well, the storm didn't bring our little area any measurable rain.  Guess it left it all in California.  So we decided to burn a little energy going for a family walk- the kids, Remington and I.  The sun was just dippin under the mountains when we passed the first mile.

The kids wanted to run, Remi would only go so far ahead of me. (Glad someone in this clan still loves Mama).  I don't run with the camera- replacements are not in the budget.  So here they are waiting a bit ahead while I took the last photo.

It almost got too dark on the way back- oops.  But the three of them posed for a photo.  These easygoing days at home- taking care of the animals, catching up, going for walks- just don't happen often enough!

Wyatt had a project in mind for making holiday candy.  I remember making candy with my Grandma at Christmas time.  He taught Bailey how he had made the ones for his teacher, then they made some creative ones.
Well, the house still isn't clean, the shopping isn't done, and the pens still need working on.  But I really enjoy the little days when I can spend time with the kids and not rush anywhere.  Maybe we have time to prep one last craft project before bed that they can complete tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment