Monday, December 13, 2010

Score One for Compromise

Quads really scare me.  I mean REALLY scare me.  I don't want the kids anywhere near them.  That has been a big issue for Charlie and I, as h finds them to be very useful.  He feels like he can teach the kids to ride safely and they won't become the statistic that so many others do.  I don't want to take that chance.
So we have fought about this for some time.  My father in law, tried to work on me for compromise.  He thought I should meet in the middle if there was a side-by-side two seater with seat belts, roll bars and a limited speed.  I thought I could live with the kids riding his mule, as long as they listened and wore their seat belts.  But Charlie still ha a quad.  Ugh.
So recently, he found this Joyner (as Wyatt calls it).  It is a four seater, with harnesses and roll bars.  So he, along with a good buddy of his, invested in it together.  I said yes under the agreement that if he got his new toy, there would be no more talk of my babies on a quad- ever.

Remington didn't like riding in it, though.  Nor did Hopper Spark.  I went with Charlie and the kids for a ride the other night, we took previously made trails, and went looking at Christmas lights before we came home. 

So the moral of the story here is, I am trying.  But NO QUADS!  And Charlie listened and got something more.  Bet he wishes he could have had his new toy sooner, but maybe not.

I suppose we shall see where this goes, but maybe I am learning compromise in my old age.  Maybe even better communication with the big tough guy I married but don't see a whole lot of with work, tdys, and kids and the farm to keep us running.  Wish us luck, hope you all get everything you truly dream of!

No comments:

Post a Comment