Monday, February 11, 2013

A Wild and Colorful Sunday =)


Well, over the last year, I have had occasions to remind me that live is meant to be lived and appreciated now, while we work for tomorrow.  Sometimes when we forget that, the time slips away and we cannot get it back.  So I set the goal to go out and do things with friends, and to take care of myself too, setting priorities where I matter, too.

On that list was going to workout classes with friends, doing some of these silly runs and somehow finding more time to live alongside the chores.  As a part of that, today I got to go play at the Color Me Rad fun color run with my friend Tammy, and another of her friends.  There were a couple others in the group, but in all the crazy at the starting line of color bombs, we were separated.
Here are the three of us at the end of the run.  Tammy could easily have run circles around me, and I really need to learn to take the time for a proper warm up for things like this in the mass of folks, but I will get better at it.  No shin splints, just the hamstring thing, but I will get better at it with practice.  Sure glad Tammy organized us!  She also made the fabulous tutus!

While we were running, Bailey and Wyatt went to the zoo to check out the new Elephant exhibit, and have a little fun, then they can back to play in the color bombs and play until time to meet a lady who was bringing us some strawberry plants!

AFter we met her, (and she is a PRO at wrapping them!) Wyatt wanted to look at the ducks one last time before heading home to chores.  Did I mention he had taken over my colorful glasses and the tutu?  And he isn't actually ill, his hair was full of orange tinted cornstarch.  In fact, even after his shower- it still really is.  Clearly I am raising a boy who is comfortable and secure in his masculinity  .  At least that is the reason I am noting for hte boy who really wanted to play in LOADS of color!!!

The kids thought the whole thing was really fun, so we are hoping to get it together to do some of the other silly fun runs as a family.  Nothing too serious, just some fun to keep us all enjoying our training.  This is Tammy, she runs circles around me, and has run the Marine Corps Marathon.  I don't kid myself into thinking that I am that good, but will have fun keeping fit!


We came home and got to work.  I had twenty new little strawberry plants to tend to, the children had chores.  Over the course of planting and setting the new plants inside, I got a lot of cleaning done in the remnants of the greenhouse.  It makes me want to have it back together, I could be starting tomatoes in there right now.  But one step at a time.

For right now, I am looking to more training, more of the gauntlet, some Tumamoc with the kids we were talking about this morning, and bringing the next planting along, while the current chickens grow up and the children prepare for county fair.  One thing at a time, right?  Oh, and I did say that I would give up caffeine.  Wish me luck- I will likely need it!

Have a great week.  Remember to hug your loved ones and tell them what they mean to you, and have fun making those little steps forward.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment