Monday, December 12, 2011

A Tiny Ambassador

In a hectic schedule, it can be challenging to reach out to others, do the chores and homework, and keep everything rolling.  This is finals week for both Bailey and I, and Wyatt is finishing off his semester, too.  One thing about finals week, though, far fewer after school requirements at the school.  That is good, as it gives us time to get the chores and homework in a little earlier.  With our commute, sleep tends to suffer a good bit.  But today, be rearranged our schedule a bit, shoved the allergy shot off until tomorrow, and added a mission as ambassadors to our day.

Ambassadors?  Okay, one in particular.  My Aunt lives in an assisted living place not far from the school.  One would think we would see her all the time.  I get by as often as I can.  But a 37 year old niece isn't near as fun a visitor as the kids, and last year she got visits from baby Nathan, a pygmy goat that had to go to town with me while he was being bottle fed and I was managing the constant running around my work schedule.  She still talks about how sweet he is!  And how tiny he was, and how he cuddled up to her and just looked at her...

Today, Charlie took the kids to school so I could work on Chemistry in peace.  Wish I could say I was terribly productive.  At about 2:00, I sent the work I had done to my professor in pdf asking for help and began loading up to head for town.  The rain had lightened and this was likely the only chance I would have to let her visit one of the new babies before they were too big, so I brought Olympia with me.

She settled down in the car, only periodically fluffing her towels,
We got to the school, and I wasn't leaving little Olympia in the car by herself, so I took off with her in a towel, trying to find Wyatt Clay in the rainy day release.  He wanted to introduce her to Mrs Reid, his teacher, who came out to say hi.  So sweet, the way the teachers take interest in what these two love so much.  Then we set off to find Bailey.  Olympia and Bailey and Wyatt made a quick round of the schoolteachers at the High School, being called a sheep, a dog, a fainting goat(nope perfectly awake), a dog and lots of other things.  The kids and teachers alike cooed over little Olympia, laughing when she maaed at them.  We said goodbye to Bailey's best friend Kathleen, then piled into the car for a quick hop across the road.
The kids headed in with big smiles for a quick visit...

Auntie was so excited about the kids coming to visit, she almost missed little Olympia.  Sharon, who was on duty, was excited too.  She grew up with goats.  She asked Aunt Leanna to bring her into the dining room where others were playing games.

The ladies had the owners' dog with them.  Teddy didn't know what to make of Olympia, but Olympia thinks dogs exist as her friends, to snuggle up to and be watched over by, so it didn't both her any.  The cameras were busy, everyone was excited and smiling!

Half way home, Wyatt asked if Olympia could ride in his lap.  He quickly passed out with Olympia tucked next to his hip.  She set her chin on his hip and rode home.  Her Mama Glory and brother Fly By Night were even more excited to see her than Aunt Leanna!  It was a great visit, and our little ambassador did a great job cuddling and making people feel great!


No comments:

Post a Comment