Tuesday, August 12, 2014

"White" Wicker Chair Project

I don't know about your house, but at our house, there is just never enough seating in the living room! I have long had a desire for a fun little wicker chair, though had no desire to spend much money on one since we have so many animals and animals don't tend to be good to the wicker. 

Nevertheless, when I found a black wicker chair for free on Craigslist, the wheels were turning. When I realized that I would be right down the street from where the free chair was located the following day, I couldn't resist!


Black, however, isn't really my thing. And while brown would likely have matched the living room better, there is just something in me about wicker being white to look its best. So out came the spray paint. I should have gotten a photo of the original color, but here is my project anyway =)... already in progress...


Slowly but surely moving toward its new look, and showing off the weeds by the back retaining wall at the same time!


You can see more of the original color as I was working underneath.


Overall, the project took a few days and a little over two cans of paint.


Here it is, coming along...


starting to look as though it was meant to be white all along...


And here it is with the cushion I bought for less than $10 at a thrift store and worked to make sure was clean before putting it on the chair. 


Our living room has lots of green with lots of animals- mostly elk and deer, and the like, but puppies fit in beautifully!


It took a bit for it to settle in, but my new chair that I thought would have no competition for me has also become a favorite of Wyatt!


All in all, I am pretty happy with the way my new twenty some dollar chair came out. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment