Saturday, November 19, 2011

It was a challenging week with Charlie and Bailey sick, right on the heels of Wyatt sick and me fighting of a cold.  With the stress of everything else, and almost obsessively watching the two does getting ready to kid, we went outside last night to catch chickens for Wyatt to take to the show today. 

Laughing hystrerically with Bailey and singing bathtub songs to the chickens, Wyatt looked over at me and said- Mama, I think I just want to go hunting and get away from the world tomorrow!  After getting all the finally dry animals back to their pens this morning, and Charlie and the kids out the door with fresh banana bread and my s'mores ingredients stash, I slept the morning away.  Oops!

So now I have fed the chickens, snuck the dogs and goats a little snack, and started on laundry and kitchen chores.  I am glad they are all stepping away from the crazy world, if only for two days, to reconnect together and with their close friends, Teddy and Tristan.  I hope all that range time and preparation helps Tristan get his trophy he wants and Bailey fulfill her goal of filling the freezer (Charlie missed his hunt due to duty orders, so she is our chance for the year).  Looking forward to seeing them all safely home.

Sore throat still lingering, but lots of chemistry and preparation to do for a craft and jewelry show tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo has a clip about a ten year old's suicide. Ash posted it on fb, you might want to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I will post the link over on the Rise above the Bullies blog

    ReplyDelete