Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Great Pancake Race

Okay, so not the best photos, here! Tuesday was National Pancake Day. Been a crazy week of sick kids, extra work issues, and just lots to do, so we are just getting to the fun of it.

Have you ever had a pancake race at church? There is this old story about a pancake dinner on Shrove Tuesday, where a woman was running so late she ran down the street flipping the pancakes in the pan. I remember when we ere in California, our church had a big fun event, and among the things we did was a pancake race through the church parking lot.  We flipped pancakes and ran down the race course, trying to keep the pancake flipping and get across the finish line first.

So after chores last night, I made the first of the pancakes for dinner. Then Wyatt set up a course, and we took turns running the course and flipping pancakes while timing on another.


Bailey has a pretty good time, at 14 seconds, once Wyatt stopped sending Shadow to steal the pancake.


Wyatt reran the course at 13 seconds, and threatened to eat the pancake before I could run the course.


Wyatt decided to use defensive maneuvers on me while I ran, but then I ran it in 12 seconds once I was just trying to defend against Shadow the pancake thief.


We had a good time in the end, and I would love to do it with them again!

Do you have any fun silly traditions for Lent or other times?

No comments:

Post a Comment