Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Progress, Slowly but Surely!

Sometimes life just keeps throwing things at you to see how strong the core is and whether you can withstand the storm.  Last week, we learned the doe barn and the shower are definitely not very strong. Wel,, we had been putting those back together and helping them stand up for years, but the shower wall cracked open and the doe barn was a complete loss in the storm last week.

But life goes on, you pick up and keep going, and learn and are made better in the process.  While I could go for a little less of this shaping, I am learning a great deal, and the applied math is quite the ongoing home school lesson plan as a break from the books!

These photos are the sprouts in the new baskets. They are finally sprouting. Much of the way these baskets work is very different than the prototype containers I had been using. Once I get the correct things down to an exact science, I will share exact timing and measurements. 


If you have any you would like to share, there are several folks wanting to learn! Please feel free to comment directly to the blog so they can benefit from your knowledge and experience.


We did have one mishap where I was moving the stack for watering, and all the boxes fell and had to be put back together. I am a bit of a klutz, as you can tell...


On Monday, the kids and I began the research process on the new shower in earnest. When we renovated the master bedroom and bathroom about ten years ago, we put in a corner shower unit. Back then, it was a great choice, really opened up the room, and the plastic wall were really the latest.  (Hard to believe, huh?) This one was initially put in wrong, so Charlie and I had to do the best we could to try to redo it without damaging it, and in the end I ended up redoing the glass and caulking every year since. So when the crack appeared i the plastic wall last week, it was more annoyance than surprise.  

The design in the bathroom layout really needs to stay though, so my options are a different shower of he same type, a different shower of an upgraded version, a different one of a quarter round version, or a similar pan with tile walls and similar upgraded glass doors. 

The nice gentleman at Lowe's helped me inspect the pan on all of them, and showed me that the upgraded version of what we have was on a clearance sale. So, is that good or bad? Charlie and I thought about it, and yesterday, I went back and purchased the whole kit. I have 90 days to change my mind or change my mind about the walls and put in tile, so now I just need to decide whether I am really up for the entire installation. The demolition, on the other hand, I know I am up for, this thins has been annoying!

I think I have the doe barn issue narrowed down to a couple of possible solutions, which Charlie and I are still debating. But I need to get it fixed fairly quickly, so I do need to get on task with that!  What do you all use for your does? We do have one separate kidding pen, so sectioning off isn't a big deal, but we need something that will provide shelter from heat and wind, sun and rain, etc. And which will hold up to the weather and wind, while providing support as it will be a chunk of the fencing of this pen.

Well, slow and stead progress moving forward. The shower didn't fit in the little SUV, so the truck has to go back for it today, and hopefully this afternoon that new pen project can make some headway.  Oh, and kudos to those nice folks at Lowes. The recognized me, took time to help me, went out of their way to try to get everything together and keep me on time for work yesterday, and laughed their way through the ups and downs, evening noticing the USAA on my debit card and asking for my military ID so I could have a discount above and beyond the clearance price. So often doing things by myself as a military wife, I feel like there is a neon sign above my head saying cheat me, I feel so blessed when I do things usually left to the men and have such a wonderful experience!

Love to all, and have a wonderful day. Relish the blessings where you find them!


No comments:

Post a Comment