Sunday, December 29, 2013

Special Hatch DC part 1

Some friends of ours recently lost a few birds, and happened to have a pair of Dutch together, and the hen had been laying, so they thought why not send a few down to our incubator to see what would happen...

First they forgot to bring the eggs, then we missed meeting them, so yesterday a friend of theirs took on the task of letting the eggs ride along to meet up with us at church today.  Both of our kids were sick, so I hunted the sweet driver down as I was leaving today, he had them stashed in his truck for me. (I was going to change how I put that, but is seems like a good choice for him- haha- thanks much Thomas!)

This post is part of a thread of posts so our friend can track the eggs, since we don't live very near one another...

Here were the eggs int he carton when I opened them at our house this afternoon...


They were labeled on the top of the carton as to where they came from.


I put today's date on them, labeled them for what they were and where they came from, and...


If you look closely, you can see them there in the incubator, alongside some Brahma and Buckeye eggs hatching for someone else.


Now the waiting game begins! We will share more when they are candled!

No comments:

Post a Comment