Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hi, My name is Kevin...

Hi, my name is Kevin. The mama human who feeds me seems to think I should be friendly and socialized, so she keeps having me sit on her lap.  Then she proceeds to tell me I don't look like the chickens.  Funny but she got me to do a job the chickens don't do.


Ticks are prevalent in this area, and keep finding their way onto the property. When the mama human and the boy, Wyatt, went to the organic pest control place, they recommended guineas. That opened the door for a new job and a new home for me!  Apparently us guinea fowl like bugs even better than the chickens do. If you ask me, protein is protein, but I guess some birds are picky!


They promise me they are going to pick p a couple friends for me in the next few days. I am looking forward to that, because I am not quite as big as some of the birds here, but bigger than others, even though I am only a little over a month old.  The Wyatt human convinced the mama human that i look like the bird from "Up." I think that should mean treats and a movie, but apparently not.  So being that I am the first of the guineas to arrive here at Patriot's Dream on the anti-bug mission, I get the lead name of Kevin.


Wyatt also says the others will be Snipe and Chocolate, but I don't know what that is all about. I am just trying to grow up and am looking forward to more friends like me to arrive at the farm. Oh, and mama says she will keep you all posted about the progress of the mission, and to tell you that that is food I had in my feathers that landed in her lap. I don't know about her, but those human types are funny! I suppose as long as they keep feeding and being nice to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment