Thursday, November 29, 2012

Local Purchases Bring Jobs


Hi Everyone!
I was looking for a pretty graphic, so if you have one, share it here for this topic...
A friend of ours, Kate, (THANKS KATE!)
Shared a statistic with me that if every American bought $64 worth of their holiday shopping from small, local businesses,
that it would put 200,00 people to work.
Now that's buying power!
We have long been proponents of buying American, reading tags and labels.  All of our glassware is American made, and as many of the other items as we can.  We are also deep into the work on our own sustainability project.
So I welcome cool graphics to illustrate this, and I am sharing the thought.  And I will certainly make sure that around here, we at least reach that number in our holiday purchases.
Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment