Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving Tuesday

Hello, it has been a while!

Life has kept me running, and of all of the things I have thought about sitting down to write, this is the first time in a bit I have actually set down to do so.

Following Thanksgiving, many observe Black Friday, a shopping frenzy.  I have never enjoyed shopping, so I am glad to sit it out and enjoy the family time of the Thanksgiving Holiday, though this year I did set up at a farmers market.  Cyber Monday is a great time to get the word out about the craftsmanship of our little business, so I try to participate.  But did you know this is said to give way to Giving Tuesday?

Many of my friends have their dedicated charities.  Our friends at the Hen House spent a good bit of time working toward raising money for a cancer hospital, and rumor has it they will be unveiling their next charity after the first of the year.  They are such a neat, creative bunch, so I am looking forward to watching them continue to make a positive difference for years to come!

Here at our house, we all have favorite causes and efforts.  Charlie and Wyatt love to go out on the Hunters Who Care desert cleanups.  I enjoy doing little things to support the work that my friends and family do for their favorite causes.  And I really enjoy the mentor work I do.  Bailey Noelle cannot turn down any request for help.  Often at the expense of things she really needs to do, she is always right there to help a friend, teacher, or community member.

So how will we look to Giving Tuesday?

To be honest, it will be a very busy day.  But maybe that is when we need to practice this the most.  The kids will think about what they would like to add into the drive the 4H club is working on,  So tha twill be good to put on the list for tomorrow.  And the farmers market for tomorrow is one run by the Community Food Bank, so 10% of the proceeds there will go to the food bank.

So, tomorrow, we will make an effort to give back.  But not only tomorrow.  So if tomorrow is a start for you, take time to think about what matters most to you.  And please don't feel as though your contribution always needs to be money.  What we give of ourselves is often the most heartfelt and precious.  And, if you have a favorite charity or way you give back, this is a great time to share in the comments or as you share the post.  Just food for thought, and a chance to see all of the amazing things folks are doing.  You all inspire me to do more and be more.  SO thank you all for that.  In this time of year, and all year long.

I look forward to the new inspiration of this discussion.  Love to all.
Erin

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of my mom,sister, and niece in Ohio. Every year along with a few friends they prepared a huge Thanksgiving dinner.... and took it to the Ronald McDonald house where families from out of town were staying with a sick child in the hospital. It really reminded them of all they had to be grateful for....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I love it! What a lovely, memorable way to share the joy! Thanks for sharing, I love the hearing these!

    ReplyDelete