Friday, August 26, 2011

Poultry Pranksters

This week Charlie has been trying to help me out by letting me come home and get ready for the big Shannon Slumber Party show coming up this weekend.  He picks the kids up from school, and does homework with them and he and Bailey watch WYatt's football practice.  Because I am home, I feed for everyone else.

The goats have been better behaved than usual.  Normally they try everything in the book when Bailey is gone at feeding time, and the bucks are even learning, too.

Today I got done with feeding and collecting egg, and was walking across the back porch to check the last couple hiding spots.  The phoenix chickens hung out under the tree to watch me.  Jalympics wasn't in her summer nesting spot, and I pick up the two green eggs in her place.  I heard chicken cackling behind me.

"No ladies, I didn't fall for it."  Two Americaunas waddled toward me.  "Jalympics the Rhode Island Red has yet to leave me one green Americauna egg, let alone two."  The two of them seemed to chat among themselves then led me to where Jal was sitting with her own egg.

"Nice try, girls."  THey seem rathr proud of their little prank, even if I didn't fall for it.  They didn't even ask for their eggs back.  Goofy hens.

No comments:

Post a Comment