Monday, August 29, 2011

New Friends

This Mama has been hiding behind some nesting boxes on the North end of the main garden for a few weeks. We have been working hard to keep the stray cat away from her, though she must be doing quite well at it herself


Tonight as I was feeding, I noticed a broken eggshell and was a bit concerne about te cat.  But I could still see the Mama underneath in her hiding area in the shadows.  As eveing feeding time was finishing up, she brougt her babies out.  I guess it was a good thing Charlie had had to mix in some mash feed... 

I counted four or five of the little traditionally colored Phoenix babies.  I called Charlie and the kids on their way to football practice.  The children had really been hoping for babies from the incubator by now, but mother nature always seems to work her own charm and remind us that we are not in charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment