Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday at the Gem Show... and More!

We woke up to a little rain around our place, and lots of cool snow photos on the internet from our friends across town.  Dog project was cancelled, so we got a few things done around here, and made some cookies  and did laundry while Wyatt worked his puppy and Bailey worked on Science Fair.  I got a few batches of lip balm made- the CocoaMint and CocoaLavender.  YAY!  I had promised to have some more at the market!

We did sneak into town for a bit to check out the Gem Show!  Wyatt found a geode he is really looking forward to breaking open, and a couple little crystals.  The kids each found a bracelet with four leaf clovers, and Bailey found a little heart she wants to practice wire-wrapping on.  We also found some art glass earrings, and a special treat for their cousin, and replenished the crystal supply!

The kids went off to deliver cookies to Bunky with their Daddy, and I got to go pick up my run packet for the Color Me Rad run tomorrow!  After a challenge with the photo kiosk for the science fair photos for Bailey's project, it was a little late for more than a short workout, but I was able to find a movie we had been looking forward to=).

SO after dinner, we settled in for The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  I wasn't really prepared for it to have a sad part, but we really enjoyed it, and the message about accepting people as they are and enjoying them and loving them no matter that they are different was really well put together.

Well, I will continue to share the adventures of the family and farm and homesteading here on our farm blog, but also decided that there will be some changes coming on the bully blog.  For all of the time I have sat down to write and look for hope, I have had a hard time writing it out.  So I believe on that blog, I will begin to write about the journey back.  I hope folks will see the entries as a feeling that we are not alone, and others will understand that the road back isn't simple or one size fits all.

Additionally, on my personal blog, I will work on keeping a journal this year.  It is a long standing goal, and I plan to be forgiving with myself, but it is good to write down your goals and the ups and downs of life.  My next goals: after the run tomorrow, I plan to get off of caffeine!

But first- this run tomorrow- so I had best get some sleep!  Hope you have a great weekend!  Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment