Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rainy Days!

Some of you have been following our sustainability project- our work to transition to move toward fully sustainable, community accessible farming.  So you will laugh alongside me at the water buckets I was using to harvest rainwater this past week.  Still, as we are working our way to a proper system, these are holding us over to collect and distribute the water needed for the winter veggies.  This was one of many buckets I used last Thursday and again Saturday and Monday!

During a break in the rain on Thursday, I prepared and planted two kinds of lettuce seed in this box.  Later this week, I would like to follow that with a staggered planting in the garden of the same seed, allowing for a staggered harvest.  As soon as I put that work in, the wind blew more of the leaves off the nearby mesquite tree, though!  That would be the green you see! Fun, though, the first planting from earlier last week has begun to come up.  I did accomplish a few things with the kids home sick, even though I couldn't make it to the market.

A beautiful sky as sunset was approaching last week!

The moon trying to peek out...

Thursday brought us about .3 inches.

Sunset toward the West...

The moon said goodnight!

Well, today is the first day in a while I have been able to get the blogger program to work.  I have more to post on it in a few minutes, but will start with this.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment