Saturday, June 5, 2010

The morning after...

I drug myself out of bed this morning at 5:30. The kids were out cold in the living room. I fed the dogs, gave them their morning pills and got ready for the morning walk. Bailey rolled back over, so I didn't even attempt to wake Wyatt up for the morning walk. Too much partying last night!

I went out to feed the animals, Rose is limping. She is resting now, and only likes Bailey, so we will have to tag team her when Bailey wakes up. Otherwise I worry she will fight me and hurt herself worse.

I fed the chickens, who basically follow anyone for food at this point. The 14 babies who moved to their graduation pen yesterday look almost ready to move out to the rest of the flock. Charlie told me when he and Wyatt went out last night, the frizzle had been standing in the big water tub. She seems fine now, though, hanging out with the other bantams. I get the impression she won't rest until she is a dominant chicken in that pen.

I increased to 3.5 miles today. If I had gotten out earlier, I would have tried to run some. But it is already hot. I have slowly been increasing since my return to the land of the living after being sick for a month at the end of the semester. I didn't realize just how run down I was until I spent all of that time in bed. And I lost a lot of muscle. Now I have to build it back!
Funny, I haven't gotten much done in the week and a half since school let out for the kids. Mended a couple fences, worked a craft show, done Aunt Leanna's laundry, worked on some inventory. But I am more relaxed and happier than I have been in a while. I feel much less pressured than I have in some time to hold so many things together. I know I can't be off like this all of the time, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. Fall semester, school, football, 4H and basketball are right around the corner. This is the first time I have really been off in the summer with them. While we have a pretty big to do list, I am going to relax about how I look in a swimsuit for the river trip Monday, and I am going to enjoy being Mama. And run a business, and a farm, and ...

So what did we do to cap things off yeterday? You can already see some of the photos.

We started off by going to Krispy Kreme for a donut. Wyatt and I had iced with sprinkles, Charlie and Bailey went the creme filled route. That was fun. Donuts are pretty rare around here, so it made a fun outing.

Wyatt had been watching the commercials for Marmaduke, and knew it came ito theatres on his birthday, so that was his big request (outside of the crazy birthday cake which I will explain in a minute). A big tub of popcorn and a movie were next. Turns out, Marmaduke is realy cute. And is about being true to yourself. I realy enjoyed it, and the message. and we are pretty sure the peple that created ut know out dogs. Our crew definitely made it in there, although there were no farm dogs that tolerated and hung out with other species. If you get the chance, it is worth seeing.
We came home for ice cream cake and presents, although Wyatt was already attached to a Daffy Duck DS game Aunt Heather had sent. I think that is what he and Bailey had been doing until late last night. Wyatt cleaned up, with six new shirts, and new egg basket, a new eggs for sale sign, a football rug and a football piggy bank. Goodness, pretty lucky!
Grandma and Grandpa sent him new football pants. He is excited to try those on later.
On the left is the ice cream cake Wyatt ordered from Mama. The bottom crust is oreo, followed by moolenium crunch ice cream, sprinkles, mint chip ice cream, more sprinkles, oreo ice cream, oreos, and frosted with vanilla. This is so rich it will take us a week!
After all of this, we are going to try to have a family get together tomorrow. Aunt Vicki may come home after her shoulder surgery, though, so we will see.
Wow!!! What a big day. Charlie bought me some new shelves for my shed. I think he wants to make sure I am not searching on craigslist and coming home with more livestock... but anyway, I had better go get things done out there before it gets any hotter. We are expecting record heat this weekend, and I haven't put the ventilation in out there yet. Talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment